Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Friday Connection

With a new year can come a new you.  Surfing bicycling.com I came across the article  Your Best Year Starts Now. Each section of this article is filled with great tips, a few I have highlighted below. So, if you're looking for a little inspiration you definitely want to add this to your "to read" list. The sections titles are: commuting, eating, starting over, finding time, weight loss, style, climbing, descending, balance, and motivation.



FAVORITE TIPS for 2010

Commuting
"On a bike, look for a road that parallels the highway, but with slower traffic (drivers will avoid it), timed traffic lights and a wide shoulder."

Nutrition
"The basic mantra is don't eat stuff you simply pull out of a bag and eat," says Lim. "If you have to prepare it and cook it, it's going to be better for you because it's not processed with preservatives, extra sugar and extra salt."

Motivation
"When you feel like your fitness has a long way to go, stop comparing yourself with other cyclists. Go to the mall and compare yourself to the average American. You feel better now, right?"

"Cycling is a sport of momentum: The more you ride, the more you'll ride."




Click here for the print version of the article (much easier to read).

1 comment:

  1. I love the last one. The more you ride, the more you'll ride. That could go for anything... running! I like it. Also - did Martha miss me? I have been itching to go. If only I could get myself out of bed at 5 am. I am out of practice!

    ReplyDelete