Friday, February 12, 2010

The Friday Connection

There are several bike shops in Boise, but there aren't a bunch that sell Brooks brand items. Upon searching for Proofide for a Brooks Saddle I ran across a small local shop called Hyde Park Cycle Sports.   They are located, not surprisingly, in Hyde Park in Boise. When you walk in the store you immediately get the "mom and pop shop" vibe. Music plays on the radio in back and even though the shop is small it's packed with cool stuff (and several Brooks saddles).

Proofide was my mission and they carry the kit. The owner was working the front counter and easily helped me find what I was looking for. And he asked me if I wanted to be on their mailing list. (I like that he asked.) They send out a monthly newsletter, which is not only smart advertising, but it was the first time I have asked by a bike shop to be on such a list.

On their website they say, "We support your right to be "spandex-free" and ride a bike." They are all about the bicycle rider, which is fun and not intimidating for the average Jane.  Check out their website and if you are tooling around Hyde Park stop in and say hello. 



Another Link . . .
Bamboo bicycles seem to be all the rage these days, but The Bamboo Bike Project works to make bikes with sustainable materials, while helping local communities develop skills.



Links:

http://hydeparkcyclesports.com/

http://bamboobikeproject.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment