Friday, December 4, 2009

The Friday Connection

Happy Friday! Currently it is a crisp 24 degrees here in Boise. The cold has officially arrived! 

Today's post is about bicycle grease, specifically that stubborn grease you get in your clothes. I got some black grease from my bike chain on my favorite Boozer Cruiser t-shirt. I was bummed, to say the least. I figured I was doomed and stuck with it, but I decided to do a little net research and I found this link. (I ignored the "Bonus Solution" in the post.)

The link suggests such cleaners as: oven cleaner, Dawn dish soap, Pinesol, tire cleaner and Simple Green. I sprayed some Simple Green on the stain (not really thinking it would come out, knowing the stain had set in). With a little elbow grease and Simple Green the stain disappeared!  I couldn't believe it!

The lesson? Don't despair when you get grease on your gear—you probably have something under your kitchen sink that can get it out.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh good tip! I got some SeaBreeze grease on my fav jeans not too long ago and also decided it was hopeless. I will give this a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it works great! And if you need a little Simple Green give me a jingle. I'll share. :)

    ReplyDelete