Sunday, September 27, 2009

St. Luke's Women's Fitness Celebration!

We came. We saw. We ran.

Saturday marked the 16th annual St. Luke's Women's Fitness Celebration. This event draws approximately 20,000 attendees each year. Linzi and I took on the race in the red wave. You know, the wave that runs it for 'fun' with a timing chip? I have to admit I was a bit trepidatious about the run. I last laced up my running shoes in June for a three miler. Instead of hitting the treadmill I have been hitting the couch.



But nothing is better than pinning on your race number and the anticipation that fills the air as hundreds of women prepare to put one foot in front of the other.



And, of course, there is nothing like seeing the finish line. We completed the race with pretty good times. Linzi rocked it with a 30:59 and I came in with a 31:27. Maybe we will see some of you there next year?

Photo of Linzi and Paige after SLWFC 09

No comments:

Post a Comment